Wednesday, December 26, 2012

....And a Happy New Year!

I haven't written much in the last several months.  Lots has happened, much has stayed the same, and yet I had no inclination to write.  That's kind of weird for me, because writing has sort of reignited as my favorite form or catharsis these days.  My usual is to drive and sing and just get it out, but we're down to one car, and the hubs usually has it.  So, you know, writing works too.

I hope you all are having a very happy holiday season.  Thanksgiving was really nice, Christmas Eve, too.  We felt the cold sting of not having certain loved ones around, but we still had a great time.  Remember my resolution of figuring out/successfully making Beef Wellington? NAILED IT! Christmas was spent watching a marathon of Man Vs. Food, finishing some Christmas presents, and taking down all my decorations.  Surprisingly, it turned out pretty great.

I've already been thinking of what resolutions I should make for the upcoming year.  Some are obvious, some not so much.  I've been doing a lot of introspection, and I have to admit I don't really like a lot of what I see.  This seems like a good as time as any to face it and decide to try and change.  Until recently, I've never been one for resolutions, but you know, the time is going to go by anyway, so I might as well make a real effort to make it worthwhile.

If you make your own resolutions, I wish you good luck in your endeavors.  Either way, I hope 2013 treats you very well.  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you on your resolutions!! I still have to make some too!