Wednesday, January 11, 2012

So today is January 11th and after tonight's visit, Richard and I will have been to the gym 7 times so far this year, I believe.  I walked on my treadmill at home one day we didn't go, although I didn't do it for very long.  My treadmill used to be my grandma's, and it's clearly for short people.  It hurts my back, but it's better than nothing.  Today I got on my Wii  Fit Balance Board for the first time in a long time, and it felt good to do some yoga and that hula hoop thing again.  It's nice to throw in something different once in a while than just the same old treadmill and bike routine.

So...yeah, so far I'm feeling good about that resolution.  I'm also back to keeping track of what I eat, and that's a good thing.  I overdid it a little yesterday, so thank goodness I had a really good workout last night.  It helped me slide right under my daily limit. :)

We've tried certain diets in the past (South Beach, Change One, 6 Week Body Makeover, etc), and nothing really worked, because it wasn't something that we could really live for the rest of our lives.  So, it's back to basics for us.  A healthy diet and regular exercise.  Steps in the right direction. Doing it together, and encouraging each other to keep up the good work. It's amazing how much easier it is when you're doing to for the long term, healthy reasons than just for weight loss.

We've been at this since the weekend after Thanksgiving.  We're averaging 4 or 5 days in the gym a week.  I'm drinking only water these days....not even my sugar-free mixins are making the cut.  I'm focused and determined and I want to prove that I can do this. Even if only to myself. Maybe even especially  to myself.

1 comment:

Cali said...

4-5 days a week? That sounds like an awesome track record, way to go! You can do it!