Friday, November 28, 2014

Things I'm Thankful For Right This Very Second


I know Thanksgiving was yesterday, but so what. Here is my list of 100 things I'm thankful for right now (and not in any particular order).

1) Richard
2) My cats
3) My parents
4) My sister and her family
5) The way Richard and Jimmy make me laugh so hard and genuinely I often get a headache
6) Clementines
7) Richard's family
8) Jimmy
9) Elder Kestner
10) Elder Stanford
11) President and Ruth Hall
12) Bishop and Miranda Smith
13) Good friends in my ward
14) My ability to cook and bake
15) My love of reading
16) Tropical flavored things
17) Fluffy socks
18) Music that makes me dance
19) Music that makes me feel
20) Snuggling with Richard at the end of the day
21) Receiving kindness from others
22) Dim Sum
23) Central heating
24) Knowing that some of my best days are still to come
25) All the sincere changes for the better Richard and I have made this year
26) Having a pass to the rec center
27) Having a mostly reliable car
28) Seeing the smiles on the faces of the YW every week
29) Modern medicine
30) Long hot baths
31) Hanging out with friends
32) Sharing meaningful experiences with people I love
33) Being an important part of my family
34) The way Tony always knows when I need an extra bit of love or affection
35) My cozy little home
36) Being able to see the big picture
37) Making people laugh
38) My Savior
39) Being forgiven
40) BYU basketball
41) Pizza Rev
42) Hot soup on a cold night
43) Trying new things
44) Seeing the beauty where others might not see any
45) Temple Square
46) Date night
47) Back rubs
48) That I'm really not one to hold a grudge
49) Flamingos
50) Palm trees
51) The ocean, particularly the Pacific.
52) Happy memories
53) Dreams of the future
54) Diet Coke
55) Feeling productive
56) Being able to work with my hands
57) Being able to walk without pain
58) Sharing my life with Richard
59) Shopping with my sister
60) My close relationship with my parents
61) Modern appliances (and having a few of them!)
62) My food processor
63) Letters and notes from people who love or have loved me
64) Bacon
65) Being the recipient of someone's efforts
66) Firesides
67) That feeling you get when returning home after not being there for a while
68) That I'm alive right now at this time and in this place
69) That my mistakes don't have to define me
70) That I have a hopeful heart
71) People that believe in me
72) The way my nieces and nephews hug me tightly when we say goodbye
73) Being sung to on my birthday
74) Accomplishing things I previously believed I couldn't do
75) Knowing how to cheer Richard up when he needs me to
76) Dad shares his homegrown tomatoes with me
77) Knowing I'll someday be reunited with those I love who have passed away
78) The chance to right my wrongs
79) Simple nights at home
80) That Richard knows me completely and loves me for who I am
81) Rekindling friendships with people I haven't seen in years
82) Feeling my heart heal after hardship
83) Priesthood blessings
84) Limeade Oreos
85) Making someone smile
86) Making progress
87) Warm days
88) Richard's new job working from home
89) That Richard seems much happier now
90) When something I really want is on sale
91) Being remembered
92) People who teach me
93) My good memory
94) Ready access to food and clean water
95) Making my dreams come true one by one
96) How Rock sits in the window and meows at me when I do the dishes
97) How Tony situates himself into the crook of my arm whenever I sit down
98) Beautiful places I've been to
99) Laughing with friends
100) Knowing and appreciating that I have a good life

No comments: